In the UK, COSHH is a law that requires employers to protect the environment of their employees at work from hazardous substances. The term COSHH stands for Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. It is of tremendous importance that businesses are completely familiar with this legislation. Catch-it are fully COSHH compliant, so you can rest assured that all our technicians are trained to the highest industry standards and with years of technical experience we conduct a thorough site risk assessment before starting any procedures.
All substances we deploy are for professional use only, and administered in accordance with COSHH regulations.We understand that safety is of the utmost importance to our customers, and in light of that, any pest control treatments we undertake are carried out in away that will protect the health, safety and well being of you and your family.
Why is There a Health & Safety Law?
Health and safety is one of most common things that come into people’s minds when they consider pest control, but is Control of Substances Hazardous to Health law really necessary?
According to a leaflet published by Health and Safety Executive (HSE), thousands of employees present with moderate to severe illness because of being exposed to hazardous substances at work. So if the correct procedures are not followed, both our employee and your family are at risk, which is why Catch-it take this legislation so very seriously.
How Do We Protect Your Health and Safety?
It is of great importance to observe strict adherence to the COSHH law, and we do so regarding various types of hazardous substances used on the job, including chemical fumes and physical poisons.
· Wherever possible, we offer customers non toxic methods of pest control, such as heat or steam treatment for bed bugs and other insects.
· Before undertaking any chemical treatment, we always assess any of risk of your family or pets coming into contact with pesticide.
· Poison baits are placed in protected bait containers, and will be clearly marked.
· Poisons will be located in specially chosen places that pose minimal risk of coming into contact with children or animals.
· We will provide you with safety information with details of any chemicals used.
· We will also advise you about how to safely dispose of dead mice or rats in order to reduce the possibility of poisoning other birds or animals who might eat them.
· We make certain that you, your family and your pets are only allowed back into the property once any chemical fumes have completely dissipated.