Having pests in your home can be stressful. But having household pests that cause allergic reactions for you and your family may be even worse. Pests in the home can be very dangerous to your health, and need to be exterminated immediately to avoid long term health problems.
When you come into regular contact with pests, you are more likely to develop allergies. These allergies are more common in children, the elderly and people with lowered immune systems. Symptoms of pest allergies can be anything from a runny nose, to a life threatening reaction. This is why it’s so vital to keep all household pests to a minimum.
Here are some of the most common pests that are found in UK households and that a lot of people are allergic to.
If you are allergic to bee or wasp stings, it is life threatening to be stung. Usually you have to carry an epi pen with you if you know you have an allergy to stings. You can also take precautions to avoid being stung. If a stinging insect lands on you, you should brush the insect off and not swat at it. Also try not to wear bright colours and avoid strong smelling perfumes.
Having cockroaches present in your home can trigger breathing difficulties and even make the symptoms of asthma worse as well. And now that it’s the winter, more cockroaches will be coming inside as winter pests. It’s the feaces, saliva and dead bodies of the cockroaches that cause these reactions.
The proteins in the droppings and dead bodies of dust mites in your home can cause severe allergic reactions. These proteins enter our bodies through the air, and inflame the nose, lungs and eyes (much like the symptoms of hay-fever). Having a long exposure to dust mites can cause long-term health complications.
Allergies to household pests are 100% treatable with the right medications. You can also stop the allergies from happening all together by doing proper pest control around the home. Reduce the chances of suffering from pest related allergies by calling in the pest control professionals today.