Do you have bed bugs…in your sofa?
Having a bed bug infestation is one of the worst pest control problems you can have, because it’s not easily solved and eradicated. They are an absolute nightmare, and they can live with you for a very long time. Not only can you have bugs in your bed, they can be near your bed, in your sofa, in other furniture and in your appliances. So, if you think you have a bed bug problem, you need to immediately act on it before it gets worse.
To eradicate bed bugs in your sofa, it will require a lot of time and patience. Here’s some tips you should follow when you’re dealing with these insects in your sofa:
• Take all the objects off the sofa. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean up any hidden bits, including dust. Empty the content of your hoover into the outdoor bin immediately.
• Remove the cover from your sofa, if you have one, and wash them carefully in hot water. Bed bugs are super sensitive to heat and may die immediately in high temperatures.
• It may be more prudent to dispose of infested sofa covers in the appropriate way, and purchasing new ones, or have your sofa cover professionally dry cleaned.
• Steam clean the sofa, every single inch of it, including in the crevices. Make sure every part of the sofa is steamed. Air it out and wait for it to dry.
• Clean around your sofa. The places around your sofa, bed or any other furniture may be infested, so you should clear all clutter from around them to stop the bed bugs spreading to other areas of your home. Bed bugs love the dark, and the more secluded the better, so a little bit of cleaning will be a big help.
If your bed bug infestation becomes worse, and the tips don’t work, then it’s time to call a professional pest controller. It’s great to do things by yourself, but when it comes to exterminating bed bugs in your London home you may have missed out on things that are vital to eliminate them properly, and prevent them from returning in the future.