When you own a pet, the worry of fleas is always present. Fleas feed on the blood of animals and can become a big problem in your home by biting you and your furry friends.
However, there is a few home remedies you can try to help prevent and get rid of flea infestations.
1. Washing up liquid – You can create a flea trap using washing up liquid and water. Place it in the room that has the most flea activity. The solution acts as a sort of glue that traps fleas. Make up a fresh batch every day and keep repeating it until you’re catching no more fleas. For the most effective flea control, do this at night.
2. Flea spray – A herbal flea spray can be used as a non-toxic product to control fleas. This is a great solution when you have pets and children, because you can used things like lemon juice to make it.
3. Baking soda – A really effective way of getting rid of fleas in your home is vacuuming regularly. You can increase the effectiveness of vacuuming by using baking sofa.
4. Salt – Much the same as baking soda, salt is a great natural remedy when using it with vacuuming. Salt acts as a dehydrating agent which helps to kill off adult fleas.
5. Lemon spray – Lemon is great when it comes to pests. Not only is it good for wasp stings, it also is effective in treating fleas. Spray instead furniture with lemon and it will help to eliminate fleas.
6. Diatomaceous earth – This is a completely non-toxic powder which is helpful in the fight against fleas. Vacuuming and using the powder will help eliminate a flea infestation from your home.
7. Repelling plants – Specific plants can help to repel fleas. You can either plant them in your garden, or use the essential oils from them to stop fleas infesting your home and garden.