You’ve got to face the facts: if you have pests, you are doing something that makes you home welcoming to them. Your home is attractive to pests of all kinds simply because it has everything they could possibly want and more. So, if you are looking for ways to get rid of these unwanted lodgers, take a look at these 5 ways in which your home is a huge draw to them.
1. It has food and nesting options: If your home has a lot of crumbs of food lurking in corners, or a lot of dirt and dust where they can make their nests and live, your home will likely have its fair share of pests of all kinds. You need to make sure that you stay on top of the dirt problem and make sure that you keep food tightly sealed.
2. They can get in and out easily: With cracks and holes that make getting in and out of your home an easy task, you’re going to have all sorts of problems with pests. This is not something you want to happen, so completely fill in all the holes or cracks you can find.
3. They have access to food outside: If you are keeping your rubbish bins close to the house, this gives pests plenty of food and a cosy home to live in where they can get food outside. Keep your waste away from your home as much as you can, and make sure it is tightly shut to keep pests out.
4. The home has high humidity: You may not feel the difference between a regular humidity and a “too high” humidity, but pests do. If your home is too humid, it will attract pests with a huge beacon telling them that perfect living conditions are present here. Avoid that!
5. Close proximity to water: If you live close to marshlands or water, you are going to find that you will get even more pests that most people, so you have to take extra precautions to make sure your home is as unwelcoming to them as passible.
These suggestions should help you keep your home free from pests, or at least make them less likely to pop in for a visit.