When we experience a pest infestation in our homes, it’s tempting to go straight for the easy solution – buying an over the counter product that claims to kill the problem. It means you can save some money, and take care of the problem quickly.
BUT, there are a lot of reasons why DIY and over the counter pest control products don’t work, and can often make the problem worse than it was to begin with.
Here are a few reasons why you should always call us to deal with a pest problem, and never try to tackle it yourself.
• Risk of harm – If you have insects that could harm you, like stinging insects, it’s very hard to get rid of them without them trying to attack you. Any type of pest that could potentially bite or sting you should always be dealt with by a professional.
• Risk of poisoning – There’s a reason cans of pesticides have a poison sticker on them. These poisons are incredibly dangerous, and you can cause someone serious harm if you don’t know how to use them properly.
• Not getting rid of the problem – Even though you may get rid of the pests you can see, what about the ones that you can’t? Some pests could still be hiding in their nests, which means the problem will continue to grow.
• Breathing problems – Spraying around your home with over the counter products can cause serious respiratory issues and may even cause permanent damage to your lungs.
• Chemical burns – Pesticides are used to kill pests, which means they are incredibly harmful. Having one of these products come into contact with your skin could result in a chemical burn.
• Fire risk – Some people have been known to use a space heater or a torch to get rid of pests. These items are the things that are most known for causing house fires across the UK.
• Not treating the right areas – If you use traps and baits, you might not be putting them in the right areas to get the best results. Professional pest exterminators know pests, so they know what to use to make sure they are fully eradicated.
Over the counter products and DIY methods are sketchy at best. If you have a pest problem and need to get rid of it, it’s time to call us. Our team of pest control experts can help you to get rid of your infestation quickly and effectively.