It’s almost Spring! It’s time to head outdoors again and have some fun. We can go outside, recharge our batteries and feel that sense of adventure that only nice weather can bring.
For pests, it’s the same. They want to explore places too, such as your home or your business.
Here are some tips on keeping insects from making your home part of their journey this Spring.
• Ants – They are such a nuisance! Nothing ruins a good picnic quicker than a hoard of ants crawling all over your food. Ants will forage aggressively for food in the warmer months, and will happily move into your home to continue their search. Once they find the food, they will spoil it and spread harmful bacteria around your property. If your home is infested with fire ants, they can even sting you and your pets. Cleaning up any spills will stop ants being attracted into your home. Seal up the cracks around your property, and eliminate water sources from outside your home to stop the ants invading.
• Flies – Flies spread a lot of bacteria! They will eat anything and everything that is filthy, then land on your kitchen counter or dining table. Keeping your home clean is a great way to keep flies away. Put all of your rubbish in sealed bins outside, and any leftover food should be kept in sealed containers too. Keeping your drains clean too will stop flies from being attracted towards your home.
• Stinging insects – The temperatures rising, so insects such as wasps will be looking for a place to build their nest. They are also very attracted to food, so keep any outdoor food covered and sealed, and clean up spills immediately. It may also be time to think about cleaning out those gutters, as the leaves built up in there over the winter make a perfect place to call home.
If any of these bugs are bugging you this Spring, give Catch It a call. It’s particularly important if you find an insect nest that you call in the professionals to handle it, and not to remove it yourself. This is highly dangerous unless you absolutely know what you’re doing.
No two businesses are the same. So, it’s very difficult to cover the top 5 pests that affect every business. We’ve put together a list that covers the most significant pests that anger the largest number of businesses.
Inside Your Kitchen, Break Room, or Food Storage Area
If you own a business that has something to do with food, you are more than aware of pests can do to affect your business. In particular, cockroaches. These are at the top of the list of dirty pests that can contaminate food. Cockroaches will also contaminate food prep surfaces when they walk across them. These bugs are incredibly hard to keep out. Cockroaches will climb walls, walk across ceilings, and squeeze their bodies under doors and through cracks. Anything to get at a good and constant food supply.
Inside Your Warehouse or Large Storage Area
Pests are a plague on warehouses and storage areas. This is especially true if that storage area contains food. However, more and more business in the UK, especially in the larger cities, are having to deal with bed bugs. Bed bugs love hitchhiking, and come in on employees. They will then transfer onto the goods that are going to be shipped. A businesses reputation can be ruined faster than you can say bed bugs if your items contain insects and other pests.
Inside Your Walls
Pests such as rodents love to make their home inside your wall cavities. Rodents will cause extensive damage, which will be costly to repair. This is why pest control is a vital part of your businesses budget.
Outside Your Walls
Your businesses reputation could be ruined, and your food or stock tainted, by pests that don’t even come in. Birds nest and roost outside your property, causing an unsightly mess. Bird faces corrodes the outside of your building, and is also a threat to food prep areas. It’s very important to install bird deterrents. These will let birds know that they are not welcome.
On Your Property
Mosquitoes and stinging insects can be an issue if your business has an outside area. You can reduce and resist these pests, and businesses that do this have happier customers.
If you’re dealing with commercial pests in London, or the surrounding areas, call Catch It pest control. We can protect your business from invasive pests, and offer solutions to maintain a pest free property.
If you’ve ever tried to do your own pest control, you may have found that it either didn’t work, or that the problem reoccurred quite quickly. If you have a severe pest problem, it can take a long time to get rid of the issue totally.
The best method of pest control is prevention. If a regular pest control routine is not set in place, you may find that an infestation can happen quite quickly. Once you have an issue with pests, you need to take the right steps to make sure you eliminate the problem as quickly as possible. But what happens if doing so doesn’t get the results you want?
• Are you taking the right measures? – Each pest needs different treatment. If you are not sure about what pest is causing your infestation, then you can’t treat it properly. Talk to a professional pest controller, who can find out for sure what pest you are dealing with, and what measures need to be taken to get rid of the issue.
• Are you using DIY methods? – DIY tips are great, but they don’t really work. If the problem is minor, then DIY methods may be a quick solution, although it won’t be permanent. If the infestation is more serious, you need to hire an expert to prevent the problem from happening again in the future.
• Are you taking it seriously? – Pest control needs time and dedication. If you are not keeping up a regular pest control routine to prevent infestations from happening, then you are leaving yourself open. Skipping certain steps or not having a plan at all will lead to you failing at keeping pests away.
• Are you using the experts? – A serious infestation needs the help of a professional pest control company. These companies have the specific methods and techniques needed to get rid of a pest infestation for good, so that it won’t reoccur in the future.
Here at Catch It, we will give your property a thorough investigation, and tailor our approach to what we find. We will also give you all the information and support you need throughout the pest control treatment. Give our London team a call today, so that you can your pest problem in our hands.